The minimum expectation of the Paramedic Training Program is
1. To prepare competent entry-level Paramedics in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains with or without exit points at the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician and/or Emergency Medical Technician, and/or Emergency Medical Responder levels.
2. To educate an EMS professional at the Paramedic level who is able to think critically, utilize subjective and objective reasoning and to have a solid understanding and mastery of disease processes, clinical experiences and who understand the importance of he proper application of emergency care within established protocols.
The EMT-Paramedic course is an in-depth course in advanced pre-hospital life support which addresses the following areas of study:
- In depth approach to anatomy and physiology.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
- Cardiac Treatment and Modalities.
- Medication Administration.
- Advanced airway management.
- Technical Rescue familiarization.
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support.
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support)
- PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support)
- 12 Lead EKG Competency and STEMI Recognition
- TECC (Tactical Emergency Casualty Care)
- AMLS (Advanced Medical Life Support)
The didactic, lab sessions, clinical and field internships include over 1300 hours of in depth education, clinical experiences and practical application.Clinical studies will be in the following areas:
- Emergency Room
- Operating Room
- Critical and Intensive Care Units
- Labor and Delivery
Capstone Field Internships are arranged and coordinated with EMS services in all areas of Eastern Massachusetts, Cape Cod and the Islands, Metropolitan Boston, and the North and South Shore areas of Massachusetts.
Upcoming Class Listing
Currently no classes scheduled please check back soon.
Dean-EMTS Consortium is Accredited by CAAHEP
DEAN-EMTS CONSORTIUM PROGRAM OUTCOMES 2020
- National Registry Cognitive Exam Pass Rate 84%
- Program Retention Rate 75%
- Job Placement for Graduates 100%
All Paramedic programs offered in partnership by EMTS, Inc. and Dean College are sponsored by the Dean-EMTS Consortium. The Dean-EMTS Consortium is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs ( www.caahep.org ) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
EMTS is Now Affiliated with Dean College
Paramedic and EMT education programs are held on Dean’s Franklin Campus within walking distance of the Commuter Rail Station.:::READ MORE:::